Droughts are common in California, often causing natural grass to dry up despite intensive care and upkeep. That’s why excellent artificial grass in Stockton has become a popular alternative to the real thing. It is easy to maintain and provides vibrant year-long landscapes.
There are times, however, that the weather can be too hot even for artificial grass. Fortunately, with the right measures, high heat won’t be able to hinder you from enjoying your synthetic turf landscape!
Artificial Lawns and Heat: Common Myths
Artificial grass is made from plastic polymers, which are designed to mimic the look and texture of real grass. While it can get hotter than natural grass when exposed to sunlight, it still has the advantage over the latter for being cleaner, dirt-free and extremely durable. This is a huge trade-off for a minor concern of heat.
Here are some of the most popular myths about artificial grass and heat:
- Myth # 1: Artificial grass gets too hot to use.
While natural grass is cooler because of its moisture-retaining properties, it isn’t hard to bring down the temperature of pet-friendly artificial grass for dogs in Stockton. Just sprinkle cold water over the turf using a hose. Its efficient draining ability will prevent it from being slippery, so your pets and kids can play on it without fear of falling over.
- Myth # 2: Synthetic turf can catch fire from backyard grilling.
Artificial turf won’t burst into flames if a bit of fire or ember falls on its surface during backyard grill. It’s only an issue if a big piece of hot coal lands on the turf. The grass may melt if the burning fuel isn’t removed immediately. While the artificial turf is repairable, grillers should observe basic safety tips for a trouble-free barbecue session.
- Myth # 3: Hot weather can stimulate weed growth on artificial grass.
Heat speeds up weed growth in a natural lawn, which can ruin the continuity of a perfect landscape. This is not a problem with an expertly installed synthetic turf. There is almost zero chance of weeds growing since the soil is completely covered by artificial grass.
3 Ways to Cool Down Synthetic Turf
By understanding the myths about heat and excellent artificial grass in Stockton, you know that sunny weather is hardly a cause for concern. It’s a harmless part of having synthetic turf. Once the surface is no longer exposed to direct sunlight, it’ll cool down on its own.
Want to lower the temperature of your artificial turf fast? Use these workarounds:
- Hose your lawn using a sprinkler or hose. Cold water will lessen the heat. Don’t worry about creating unsightly puddles. The synthetic turf’s proprietary drainage will take care of excess exposure.
- Install a retractable awning over your lawn. This will help protect your turf from direct sunlight. The instant shelter will also allow you, your family and your guests to enjoy your grass landscape even during sunny days.
- Have a portable canopy ready. With a stand-by canopy on hand, you can hold outdoor events on the grass landscape anytime you want. Not only will it keep the turf cool for bare feet and paws, but it’ll also keep lawn users out of the heat.
No Need to Sweat It with Artificial Grass!
Worried that your lawn and home putting greens in Stockton can’t take the peak summer heat? No need to stress over it! Your artificial grass landscape is well-equipped to withstand the elements.
For high-quality synthetic grass landscapes that look great in any weather, count on Stockton Artificial Grass! Our team of skilled and experienced installers can create long-lasting landscape designs that you’ll surely love. Call 408-723-4954 for a FREE quote!